The Outagamie Waupaca Library System (OWLS) seeks a full-time computer technician to provide computer hardware and software support to public libraries in northeast Wisconsin. The computer technician will select, order, configure, install, and maintain computers, software, and peripheral equipment and will provide technical support via email, telephone, and site visits. This is a new position on a small, collaborative team with low turnover who provide outstanding technology support to 30 public libraries.
- The individual selected will demonstrate proficiency in supporting Windows-based computer hardware and software as well as antivirus software, web browsers, email clients, basic networking procedures, and troubleshooting.
- Must be able to quickly learn and establish competence in using new computer hardware or software.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to work comfortably, patiently, and helpfully with library staff whose computer skills range from negligible to advanced.
- High school diploma required, Associates degree and relevant employment experience preferred.
- Occasional travel within 150 miles of Appleton, WI will be required to provide on-site support. A valid Wisconsin driver’s license and a vehicle are required. Travel expenses are reimbursed.
The position is 40 hours per week with a flexible telecommuting policy after an initial training period. Applicants must reside in or be willing to relocate to northeast Wisconsin. Starting wage is $18.36 per hour. Excellent benefits including
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Retirement plan
Application deadline is December 17th; position open until filled. Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
@ OWLS Member Libraries
The Black Creek Village Library is currently seeking a Library Services Clerk and Youth Programming Specialist. This specialist is responsible for frontline customer service to patrons in a fast-paced library environment, including reference and circulation activities, while working to complete routine duties as assigned. In addition, the specialist plans, implements, and promotes library programs for youth. The position is approximately 25-28 hours per week with a starting wage of $10.00-$11.50. The full job posting, position description, and application are linked below. Please contact the library with any questions.