Location: Appleton Public Library, 225 N. Oneida Street, Appleton (map & driving directions)
- Tessa Michaelson Schmidt, Youth and Special Services Consultant, Department of Public Instruction
- Stuart Stotts: author, storyteller and songwriter
- Tom Pease: singer and children’s performer
Growing Wisconsin Readers is a statewide early literacy initiative.
- The morning presentation will emphasize state, system, and local roles in the initiative and include discussion opportunities.
- In the afternoon, Stuart Stotts and Tom Pease will lead the group in building literacy skills through music and song.
Lunch will be provided at no cost to attendees, and mileage reimbursement will be available.
The Growing Wisconsin Readers initiative aims to support Wisconsin caregivers of young children with information about early literacy, so they can prepare children for learning at school and beyond. Rooted in public libraries, Growing Wisconsin Readers will help bridge early literacy experiences with public education. It will serve as a statewide model while simultaneously supporting local library efforts.
This workshop is sponsored by NFLS, OWLS, Winnefox, and the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.